This weekend I played around in the kitchen a little and had a go at an adapted version of Sarah Wilson’s cashwey chia puddings from the Sarah Wilson’s I Quit Sugar Cookbook. They take minutes to put together and whilst they are somewhat unusual, the almond and pear combination is a classic that wins over with taste to make these delicious and satisfying. They are quite filling too.
Might be an interesting one to pull out if you are entertaining. Plus chia seeds provide a wealth of nutritional benefit as I describe here so these are a seriously healthy pudding option.
Pear & almond chia pudding
Ingredients (per pudding, scale up depending on how many you need)
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 12 tbsp almond milk or normal milk
- 1/2 pear
- 1x sachet of stevia sweetener (I used pure via)
- Chop the pear and put into the cup or container you want to use
- Mix the seeds milk and sweetener together then pour into the cups
- Put in the fridge to set (preferably for 24hours)
- Serve from chilled whenever you fancy!