When a craving strikes a craving strikes. We’ve all been there. The worst come when you’re trying to detox off sugar and when it’s the most important to pull through without giving in. Here are a list of quick easy solutions to give a go. If you do all 15 and you still want something, you might have a problem.
- Go for a walk. Anywhere. Outside, around your flat three times, or around the office.
- Drink water. Drink a pint right there and then…and then wait.
- Call a friend. They may have some gossip that will make you forget.
- Drink tea or coffee. Drink another if the craving’s still there.
- Clean your teeth. With lots of toothpaste and a mouthwash.
- Hide food. Try keeping chocolates on the top of the fridge and at the back… with the dust.
- Chew some gum. Not ideal but better than a duo bar.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and say “Do I really need to eat this” three times. You’ll feel like a prat but it’s worth a try.
- Try on your tightest pair of trousers/dress/skirt. Then sit down in them.
- Avoid watching TV commercials or food programmes. Mary Berry included.
- Paint your nails. Ladies only of course.
- Eat something completely the opposite to chocolate. Pickled onion anyone?
- Give yourself 30minutes. If you still feel the same, you can have something, but the hope is you’ll get distracted.
- Check Twitter or Facebook or You Tube. Yes you can even procrastinate from eating with these tools.
- Imagine the non craving you. With no urges whatsoever and with full happy control.
Next week a few individuals kick off on my new ‘Mentor Me Off Sugar 28 Day Course’. Designed to address a sugar weakness and to get rid of those pesky cravings, this should get you onto a lower, more controlled long term sugar lifestyle (with the support of a mentor – me!).
At the moment it’s only available to subscribers for a discounted price while I refine and tweak the service which is meant to be very supportive and a little personal. More details will be coming very soon, but if you’re interested, don’t hesitate to drop me a line and I can send you more information.
In the meantime, any more craving busters to share? I should really think up another for the guys seeing as they can’t paint their nails.