When you eat a lot of eggs like me, you need to find new ingenious ways of having them so you don’t get bored with the same thing. Last week I found I had three slices of leftover ham, 2 eggs, some tomato and a spring onion lying around, so in the name of no food waste, I cooked up these ham & egg cases.
Tip: For those who say they never have time for eggs in the morning, I whipped up these at the same time as cooking dinner to save myself time the next morning.
Easy ham & egg cases
Makes 3 but feel free to multiply the recipe for extra breakfasts and snacks
3 slices of ham
2 eggs, whisked
1/2 a tomato, diced
1 spring onion
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C
- Line a baking tin with the ham. (Note: if you cut the ham to line the tin, the egg mixture will spill a little into the bottom but the general shape will still hold)
- Add the tomato to the ham cases
- Pour over the egg mixture and divide between cases
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and black pepper
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until the egg is cooked through and ham has crisped a little
Obviously you could mix these up a bit. Different cheese; some sautÃ©ed mushrooms instead of the tomato; or even a small head of broccoli for some greenery,
Happy case baking!